The Spot



I was excited for this week since Monday is US Labor Day and we don't have to go to work. On a Monday night! Yeah!

But my happy bubble was quickly burst... there's a medical situation that I needed to attend to - which was apparently so urgent that I had to skip work as early as Friday last week.

I was hoping to be back working my lazy butt off tomorrow (Tuesday) but after several visits to several doctors over the weekend and this morning, it seems that my long weekend will really be long indeed. I was not allowed to work for the whole week.

That spot right there in the picture is a result of a PAINFUL procedure given to me early this morning. I have to go back and have it analyzed on Thursday. Then another consultation with the doctor on Friday.

I found myself staring at that spot on several occassions the whole day today. How dare could this one tiny red spot decide on how I will be in the next few weeks (months...years...I don't know).

I told my mom about this and she panicked and offered to fly here from the province to take care of me. I told her I am not sick...well, not yet, not officially -- not until I get the results in a couple of days.

People have been extra kind and caring which I, no matter how I hate to admit, enjoy. I didn't have any idea on how traumatized I was when we battled Papa's cancer, until I saw my own xrays, blood, tests, and doctors. My mind's over reacting, of course it will not be as worst but still I want to be well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Little Teacher

Chapters