MomDiaries: Diaper Caddy

I have been an SAHM (stay-at–home-mom) for two years now. With everything that I'm juggling, I want to look for little pockets of "me time" every so often... So I decided to go back to blogging. Since I don't go out of the house at all, I have very minimal interaction with people other than my family, so I decided to just blog about my mommy adventures and mishaps - and everything in between. 

DIAPER CADDY

Let me start with sharing something that makes my life a little bit easier everyday - my DIY diaper caddy. 

Here's how it looks like: just a simple, inexpensive basket filled with our changing essentials. 



I decided to improvise a diaper caddy so it will be easier to get stuff especially when changing nappies in the middle of the night. I just grab the basket and everything I need is there.

Here's a close-up of what's in it. 



Nappies - we are using EQ Dry for our little girl. With Lucas, we were using Drypers and Mamy Poko but realized that we really didn't need to use those expensive nappies at this stage because babies poop often and we change nappies 6 - 7 times a day. We are now transitioning from the Newborn to Small. 

Plastic Mat - doesn't guarantee disaster-free sessions but helps contain those spills and some mess.

Wet Cotton Pads (inside violet plastic container) - we use wet cotton to wipe Luna's bum. It's more economical than using wet wipes and is gentlier on her skin. 

Wet Wipes - just in case we need to wipe our hands or her legs. We're using Farlin

Alcohol - to disinfect my hands.

Drapolene - we use this on her every nappy change to prevent rashes and infections. Seems to work. 

Rash Free - this one we use for Lucas, he has very sensitive skin and is prone to rashes. This provides a good barrier from wetness. 

Desowen - we use this for Lucas as well. It's corticosteroid so we use this sparingly, only to those stubborn rashes on his arms, legs and back. This is very effective though, when he has a flare up it goes away after only a couple of applications. 

Calmoseptine - this is zinc oxide and calamine in one. Because rashes on their bum is really inevitable especially when they have diarrhea. 

With our experience with Lucas, this caddy will evolve as our baby girl grows older. We don't use a caddy for him anymore because we wash him whenever he poops. He doesn't need diaper changes very often as well because he sleeps through the night most of the time. 

What about you, what are your changing essentials? How do you make your diaper changing easier? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Little Teacher

Chapters

The Spot