Chapters


Life is what you make it.

Just like a book with different chapters, it is up to us whether we feel like it’s time to turn the page or not. Sometime’s it’s easy, sometimes it will take more of what we have.
I have been stuck in one for too long and that realization came to me in such a good time.

All along I thought I have left that chapter only to find out that I have been leading a new chapter but still living in the remnants of the other. I found out why – because I willed myself to move on but conveniently let the other characters to hang around. It takes two to tango, true. I thought I was doing “damage control” ,I never realized that someone used that phrase on me a decade ago & it did just the opposite.

We may sometimes want to cling on, hope to prolong the read… Other times, we just want to go through in a breeze to get it over with.

Unlike a book, we cannot just pluck pages out. It takes enormous courage to accept things that we cannot change.

It is such a blessing to be in where I am right now. To be given a chance to write a new chapter… to actually be holding this in my own hands.

It would be an easy way out to say that I didn’t have a hand on how the other chapters failed, so I wouldn’t. Instead I am embracing the responsibility because that actually empowered me to be better this time around.

That’s why life is beautiful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Little Teacher

The Spot