Resurrection


Almost a decade ago I wrote about resurrections when I opened a new chapter in my life. How fitting is it to write about the exact same thought when that same chapter was closed?

It was is needed. Not just for myself but also for the people I’ve hurt and those who have caused me pain.

We both know that the closure was long overdue and that until we do so, like a caged bird, we cannot take off to foster our own individual growth. We have been robbing each other of the chance to find true happiness because I don’t know…we were both scared to let go of the comfort zone.

Finally. It came. It was inevitable. I could have wanted to remain friends and connected but I guess there’s always a time, no matter how we prolong the run, to surrender to the finish line. And that time is here.

I still owe it to him, but I owe it more to myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Little Teacher

Chapters

The Spot