We Eloped And Got Married



I was going to put a status saying "We decided to elope and get married" -- because that's how last Friday felt like.

Nothing grand was planned and everything was done in less than a month's time. I don't even have a "proposal story" because there was really none. One afternoon while we were on a stop light, we just thought of getting married and as soon as the green light appeared the decision...
was sealed and that was it. There really is what they call - perfect timing.

Everything fell into place despite our meager budget and time constraints. Both our families were supportive of what we want to have even if they were also taken by a surprise -- sa tanda naming 'to, mukhang kating-kati na talaga sila na ikasal kami, natakot ata na baka tumanda kaming binata/dalaga.

Along the way there were a lot of hurdles but everything turned out well because everything was done as a labor of love - not only from the two of us but from our family members as well. This is by far my biggest DIY project.

It was heartwarming to find out that almost everyone cried during the ceremony, including the little ones. It was not our intention to have a crying feast but I guess everyone just genuinely shared our happiness during our special moment.

I just wished Papa was still alive and was there to hold my hand.

I also wished that my sister
Ivy made it... as well as all of our friends.

I wished we could have invited all of our friends, we really, really wanted to have everyone there. It would have completed it for us. I think it was our biggest hurdle - we spent nights discussing how we can feed and transport everyone to the farm. It was a pain deciding to just have our family with us (we couldn't even invite some of our extended family members)...but we trust and believe that our friends will eventually understand. True enough - tonight, I woke up to an FB account full of well wishes from people, even those who did not have any idea that we were getting married, those we weren't able to inform.

In the past three days, we were truly showered with testaments of your love.

So here's a picture of our entire wedding party (apat na tao lang ata na nandun ang wala jan sa picture)...know that YOU are all there, inside our hearts. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Little Teacher

Chapters

The Spot