Rocked My Dreams

image ripped from http://www.imdb.com/

Just got home from watching Rock of Ages and it was tons of fun.  I love it.  The movie had a lot of sexual color (this is about rock and roll afterall), but that's not the reason why I loved it.

I have always been a sucker for musicals - movies or theater.  Sometimes I walk around wishing life is just a big musical show where I can just belt out how I feel regardless if I'm good at it or not.

Going back to the movie...  the characters meshed together real well.  I love them all, yeah, even Russel Brand who seem to be playing the role of "himself" in the movie.  I mean his character didn't seem to be a lot of hard work to visualize. I love the love story twist of him and Alec BaldwinPak na pak! LOL! 

Julieanne Hough was amazing!  Catherine Zeta-Jones nailed the funny choreography. Diego Boneta was cute. Tom Cruise was hilarious and oh so handsome still -- I don't blame those groupies.

The songs were great we drove home singing along to  the same tunes.  Although the younger generations who were really not exposed to those rock bands might think the movie got some songs from the TV musical - Glee.

Overall, I enjoyed the movie.  It sparked my dreams of being onstage, not really on a rock band but simply be a singer. Long shot! I would often joke about it and people do not take it seriously anymore but being a singer is one of my wildest dreams! That's why I related so well when Anne Curtis said that "dreams do come true" during her Annebisyosa concert. 

I dreamt of being able to perform at the UP Theater a long time ago and that became true when I sang a few songs with the choir and Bukas Palad on their Christmas concert years ago... I may not cut to be a singer but I worked hard then just to realize that dream (samahan mo na rin ng kapal ng mukha). So maybe... maybe that formula will still prove to be effective.

Who knows? :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Little Teacher

Chapters

The Spot