Ever After


grabbed from samanthasotto.com
 Finished reading Samantha Sotto's Before Ever After a few days ago and I like the book except that I wished it went on longer.

Aside from the story evolving around Europe (and the Philippines) added so much charm for someone dreaming accidentally stumbling on romance while travelling, someone like me -- a few years ago, that is.

It gave me a different perspective on how it is when your better half turns out to have less grains of sand left in their life's hourglass. The actual thought of it happening to me makes me ache, which was also the exact thing J said when I asked him how he would feel if I go first.

It was a good love story which also gave me tears along the way (just like the real ones) -- I am such a cry baby and I get carried away so easily.

I guess there's that bit in all of us who still wishes for the "ever after" of our stories no matter now cynical all our previous experiences made us to be.

Despite everything, I still have my "ever after" swimming around my head... And lately, I find myself reaching to it more often than I would normally have allowed myself to.

I guess I am just in a happy place right now that I am allowing myself to bargain my own rules.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Little Teacher

Chapters

The Spot