Getting Crafty

My craft corner.
I'm always excited when the Christmas season is coming not only because I love receiving gifts but because I'm in-love with wrapping presents. I have this grand ambition of giving handmade presents to all my family and friends. Of course I'm not at all good at crafts and the closest I've been to realizing that dream is giving out handmade Christmas cards (but I tried and will keep on trying).

So this year, although work is crazy stressful and busy, life also feels ironically "in-order". Despite the busy daily schedule I am finding more time to explore different crafts. I want to be a crafter! I envy those girls who seem to have magic in their fingertips to create beautiful things!

They say crafting is such a "lola" hobby... maybe because you can craft just by yourself, it really does not require much interaction, perfect for those who have their sariling mundo. On the contrary though, based on the crafty blogs that I've been lurking on, crafting actually brought people together (just like any other hobby). I wish I can be brave enough to join a craft meet-up but I have yet to find the confidence in my skillzzz.

I've been reading tons of craft blogs and hours of YouTube "how-to" videos. I was able to create my first ever rubber stamp this week! Beat that!!! Yeah I am such a brag, because I am pretty proud of my handiwork.

tools
Here are some pictures of my attempts. ;)

First ever stamp... design was done freehand but was originally just a plain heart, decided to add the stripes at the last minute.

Second stamp done - J did the freehand, carved my name then I carved his.  Was just playing around with the spare  rubber.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Little Teacher

Chapters

The Spot